Monday, October 7, 2013

Picture of life

                  
If I ask you how you picture life, what image would come to your mind? - Monika Singh


A facebook quote by friend and it made me thinking. So I was really challenged to give an answer. My answer was instant that “I don't know but surely its work in progress”.


But then on later wondering what I really picture it. Thing about my picture I know surely about few things that it is a colorful one. I still stand on my first thought that the picture is incomplete and work is still in progress. But the colors I am sure about so far are Black, Red and White.


So we will see what these colors represent in my life. Black is in my past and present. Black represents Sin, transgressions, darkness; where I was lost and unsure about anything and everything. It’s my past where I was lonely, scared, and hopeless where everything was mere meaningless for me. “Vanity of vanities”. A dungeon like a black hole where I thought my destination and only comfort will be death. It was a place where right and wrong didn’t matter at all. Morality was an illusion for me.


After that comes the color Red. It’s my favorite color, I don't know particular reason but I just love it and I am telling in advance and now I will tell the importance in my life. This color reminds me of Blood. Blood is one the most vital part of our body. In fact the bible refers it to as currency of life or value of life {paraphrased in my words} (Leviticus 17:11). It reminds of the blood which was shed by Jesus on the cross for our sins; the sacrifice of the blameless Lamb of God. Who was nailed on the cross, crucified for you and me. And as Isaiah 53:5 describes


But he was pierced for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.”


I am renewed because of his blood. I am cleansed by it. Or in other words as Apostle Peter said in Peter 2:18-19


For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your ancestors, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.


And as we all know that there is no Atonement without blood (without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness) Hebrews 9:22. So no one comes to God (Father) except through Jesus. It was Jesus who took the wrath of God on himself and made us Holy and rose from death and gave us his Holy Spirit so that we can access God through Him. And our sins were forgiven we were cleansed by his blood. As it is written in 1 John 1:7


But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.”
    After that comes my final color White. I continue from where I left I was black in sin now cleansed by the blood and now pure and acceptable to God. As it is written in Isaiah 1:18


“Come now, let us settle the matter,”
says the Lord.
Though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
they shall be like wool.”


So we are cleansed and made white. Now we are Holy because of Jesus. Accepted to Lord as we wear the coat of Righteousness through Jesus as it is written in 2 Corinthians 5:21


God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”


White reminds me of purity and holiness that I got from God through Jesus because of which I have that relationship with Him. I love you God for giving this colors in my life and making the picture colorful for me. I am sure there are many colors which God painted, still painting and will paint. But these are my favorite colors so far with my limited understanding.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely illustrated ... indeed life is colorful and this 3 colors plays an important roles in our lives... like it.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your time Monika and sorry for the delay in response.

      Delete
  2. I like your color symbolism for life. :) Reminds me of the gospel bracelets we used to make in VBS. http://www.visionbeyondborders.org/get-involved/gospel-bead-bracelets.aspx
    I always think about the color green when I think about life. The color of living growing things. Some versions of the bracelet story talk about the green as the evergreen of eternal life. Imagine an eternity of growing and changing and coming infinitely closer to God...now that's a vision far more exciting than "streets of gold."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it, but honestly its not my original idea. I learned it somewhere and also you can check out this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wordless_Book

      Delete

I Will love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis